Dating etiquette in australia
And beware if you are one of those who like flaunting around your business title – it is most likely that you will be cynically dismissed as a snobbish foreigner.
* The official name of Australia is Commonwealth of Australia.
– English is the spoken language at business meetings.
However, stick with standard terms; do not experiment with Australian terms.
– In Brisbane or other tropical areas, depending on the job function and company culture, men may wear shirts, ties and Bermuda shorts.
– Punctuality is important, it better to arrive a few minutes early. – The person making the invitation generally pays the bill in restaurants.
Failing to leave a tip after dining at a restaurant, taking a cab ride, or getting help from a porter is a big no-no in the U.
S., but tipping isn’t a commonplace practice in every country.
* Australia does not have an official language, but the national language is English (de facto) and the standard dialect – general Australian.
* The capital city is Canberra, the largest city is Sydney.
– Popular welcome topics include the weather, sports (particularly Australian Football AFL in Victoria, and National Rugby League NRL in New South Wales and Queensland).